into an IT Career
Career Training for Veterans, Spouses, and Children
Today’s employers in the rapidly growing technology industry are searching for job candidates that have specific job skills. According to recent estimates, there are over a quarter million IT jobs going unfilled in the United States. At the same time, some of the most well-qualified candidates imaginable are returning from military service every day. New Horizons’ IT career training programs give veterans the IT job skills to transition into a rewarding high-demand civilian career.
Why Choose New Horizons
- A large percentage of our IT Career Program students across 33 learning centers are veterans.
- Our experienced Career Consultant team will walk you through how to navigate your VA benefits.
- Our programs prepare you to find a job in four to six months – not four years.
- We train you for a career with real economic opportunity.
- There is no prior IT experience needed.
- You already have the skills for a career in IT. Find out which path is the best fit for you here.
Get in Touch
Talk to one of our Career Consultants, many of whom are Veterans themselves. Schedule an appointment to find out how you can use your benefits to pay for career training.
Click Each Section to Learn More
Career Consultants (CC’s) are experts in the adult learning process and will work with you to determine a training path that best aligns with your personal and professional goals. Your CC will discuss the realistic expectations of your chosen training path, guide you through financing options, while also factoring in your family, work and other commitments while designing your career plan.
New Horizons Career Advisors are here to guide and mentor students through a personal employment strategy, customized for success. They will coach you on a successful resume, job search, and interviewing techniques, and LinkedIn optimization.
Across the nation, we have a network of partners that are looking for qualified candidates.
Whether you are taking a class online or in one of our multiple locations, we have flexible scheduling options to meet your needs.
Exam Vouchers Included at no Additional Cost to You
You’re here to get certified. That is why we’ve included the cost of the exam in every course.
Earn College Credit for New Horizons Programs
Apply your certificate earned through us toward college credit at National American University (NAU)
Reduce the time and cost to earn a degree
Reduce the tuition rate
Free evaluation of certificates
Qualified work experience could count toward college credits
Reduced tuition for all active, veteran, and retired military service members
New Horizons Programs are approved for VA funding. Whether you’re using GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits or, MyCAA, you can use your funding to get IT training at New Horizons. We’re experts when it comes to navigating the funding process. Let us know if you have questions!
Funding varies by state, and our experts will help you navigate the process.
Veterans Affairs (VA) administers the GI Bill® for qualified veterans. You may contact the VA by calling 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for more information. Contact your local New Horizons to see if your GI Bill® is accepted at a center near you.
Authorized by Congress, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program aims to help veterans with service-connected disabilities prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. Visit Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) for more information
- If you are a veteran with Vocational Rehabilitation benefits, you may be able to use those benefits for career development training.
- Authorized by Congress, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program aims to help veterans with service-connected disabilities prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs.
- To qualify for the VR&E program, an individual must undergo a comprehensive evaluation by a VA counselor, after which they will work together to develop a rehabilitation plan.
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) employment assistance program for military spouses of active duty service members. Visit MyCAA for more information
The DoD is committed to helping military spouses find employment in high-demand, high-growth portable career fields. New Horizons can help. It is a proven fact that the more training and education job seekers have, the more likely they are to get better jobs at higher salaries. That’s why MyCAA offers the following:
- Training: Eligible military spouses are now able to receive up to $4,000 of MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) that can help them pursue education, training, licenses, certificates, and degrees leading to employment in portable career fields. Please see the MyCAA Fact Sheet, which provides basic information about the MyCAA program and military spouse eligibility, as well as points of contact for who can help spouses, schools and participating organizations.
- Job Preparation: The schedules and locations of military spouses are always changing. Training in portable career fields, fields that are in high demand and not restricted to location or time, prepares you to enter the workforce when you choose.
- Work Readiness Services: New Horizons works closely with local partners who are involved with work readiness and developing networks of military-friendly employers who are looking to hire military spouses into good paying positions.