We Can Help!
Out of Work And Seeking a New Career Path?
You may be eligible for free training or financial assistance.
A number of programs exist that are devoted to assisting workers who instead of that have been laid off or are experiencing wage and/or work hour cuts — New Horizons offers training programs that are specifically designed to meet state regulatory rules.
Veterans Affairs (VA) administers the GI Bill® for qualified veterans. You may contact the VA by calling 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for more information. Contact your local New Horizons to see if your GI Bill® is accepted at a center near you.
Authorized by Congress, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program aims to help veterans with service-connected disabilities prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. Visit Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) for more information
- If you are a veteran with Vocational Rehabilitation benefits, you may be able to use those benefits for career development training.
- Authorized by Congress, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program aims to help veterans with service-connected disabilities prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs.
- To qualify for the VR&E program, an individual must undergo a comprehensive evaluation by a VA counselor, after which they will work together to develop a rehabilitation plan.
The government-sponsored Workforce Investment Opportunity Act, or WIOA, assists individuals who have been laid off or terminated, or who are scheduled to be laid off and need transition assistance to find or qualify for a new job.
To qualify, you must be unemployed or about to become unemployed and one of the following must apply:
- Your unemployment is due to general declining economic conditions;
- Current economic conditions make it unlikely for you to return to your occupation or industry; or
- You lost your job because your employer is shifting production or importing goods you previously manufactured from Canada or Mexico
Have one of our career consultants contact you. He or she can provide you with accurate information and direct you to your local WIOA office to determine your eligibility.
The federally-funded Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program provides assistance to workers experiencing adverse effects of foreign trade. TAA offers a variety of benefits and reemployment services to help unemployed workers prepare for and obtain suitable employment.
Eligible individuals could receive:
- Free technical training
- Job search and relocation
- Trade readjustment allowances
- Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC)
- Other reemployment benefits
If you have been laid off or your hours have been cut and/or wages reduced due to increased imports, then you may qualify for TAA services.
Contact your local Department of Labor office, or have one of our career consultants contact you.
Click Each Section to Learn More
Career Consultants (CC’s) are experts in the adult learning process and will work with you to determine a training path that best aligns with your personal and professional goals. Your CC will discuss the realistic expectations of your chosen training path, guide you through financing options, while also factoring in your family, work and other commitments while designing your career plan.
New Horizons Career Advisors are here to guide and mentor students through a personal employment strategy, customized for success. They will coach you on a successful resume, job search, and interviewing techniques, and LinkedIn optimization.
Across the nation, we have a network of partners that are looking for qualified candidates.
Whether you are taking a class online or in one of our multiple locations, we have flexible scheduling options to meet your needs.
Exam Vouchers Included at no Additional Cost to You
You’re here to get certified. That is why we’ve included the cost of the exam in every course.
Earn College Credit for New Horizons Programs
Apply your certificate earned through us toward college credit at National American University (NAU)
Reduce the time and cost to earn a degree
Reduce the tuition rate
Free evaluation of certificates
Qualified work experience could count toward college credits
Reduced tuition for all active, veteran, and retired military service members